Saturday, April 12, 2008

Deer Tick-Live at the G-Spot (Wye Oak CD Release Party)

Find the audio from Deer Tick's set as MP3s after the jump or here as FLAC. They opened second for Wye Oak, after Musee Mechanique at the G-Spot.

Musically they killed it, nothing really original but very solid country-influenced rock. Bassist was a face-melting phenomenon, a musical force of nature. The only downside was that I found Deer Tick's singing voice irritated me. Mostly because I sensed it was induced rather than natural, which might be completely off-base. In any case, I'm sure that perception would change after extensive listening, but I'm not sure I'm convinced that sort of acclimation is worth the effort. They did, however, perform a hilarious cover of "La Bamba."

Deer Tick - Intro
Deer Tick - Ashamed
Deer Tick - Little White Lies
Deer Tick - Art Isn't Real
Deer Tick - Untitled
Deer Tick - Mexican Home
Deer Tick - Easy
Deer Tick - Baltimore Blues No. 1
Deer Tick - Straight Into A Storm
Deer Tick - Dirty Dishes
Deer Tick - Sleep Walk --> La Bamba (cover)

------------

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I liked Deer Tick, I got the impression the crowd was paid to cheer for them.